logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 04:22:55 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: Invasion 1944 - D-Day for ArmA2: Released!

+  Invasion 1944 | Public
|-+  Invasion 1944 - ArmA2
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderators: Guy, Pac)
| | |-+  How To Install On Steam[INFO]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: How To Install On Steam[INFO]  (Read 18578 times)
Hells High
Registered

How To Install On Steam[INFO]
« on: February 07, 2011, 07:20:42 am »

Hey guys, I noticed alot of people have been asking questions around about installing I44 on the Steam version of ArmA2; I am here to help!

Step 1: Downloading!
-Download the mod itself (duh!) and both hotfixes.
-It is not necessary to download the beta patch for ArmA2. Since the game was auto updated through Steam, this patch is not needed.

I44 v2.0 @armedassault.info *CLICKME*
I44 v2.1 Hotfix @armedassault.info *CLICKME*
I44 v2.2 Hotfix @armedassault.info *CLICKME*
I44 DAC_Sounds Hotfix @armedassault.info *CLICKME*

Step 2: Installation!
-Run the installer .exe.
-When prompted to enter the path to your root ArmA folder, navigate to "steam > steamapps > common > arma 2" and click okay.
-This will probably be found in C://Program Files or wherever you initially installed Steam.

Step 3: Patching!
-Open up hotfix "I44-I44_ArmA2_v2-1" and drag and drop the @I44 folder into your arma 2 root we found earlier, as indicated in the readme file in the .zip.
-Now do the same with hotfix "I44_ArmA2_v2-2".
-Now drop the files from "I44-DAC-S-Fix.rar" into the Addons folder INSIDE the @I44 mod folder (there are no preset folders on this last patch).

Step 4: Shortcut...ing!
-You should still have your arma 2 root open, so find arma2 executable file.
-right click on it and select "Create Shortcut".
-Place the shortcut on your desktop.
-Right click it and select "Properties."
-In the field called "Target", paste -mod=beta;@I44 -nosplash outside of the quotation marks and click "Apply" and "Ok".

Bam, you are all set to play Invasion 44 on Steam. If you have any problems post em here.

*Note* It might be a good idea to rename the shortcut something like "Invasion44"

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 03:53:13 am by Pac » Logged
Pac
Director

Re: How To Install On Steam[INFO]
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 04:04:12 pm »

Great stuff thank you Hells High for posting that info (might hijack some of it for our 2.5 installer instructions Cheesy)

One thing you forgot to include was the DAC sever key fix, you'll need this if you're playing on any MP servers that use the keys to ensure official files etc

http://www.filefront.com/17452038/I44-DAC-S-Fix.rar

It installs right after 2.2, same process/location.
Hells High
Registered

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 03:06:43 am »

Ah yes I installed that but totally forgot about it when I was writing this. ^^ Thanks Pac. I'd modify the post but it seems after a time it doesn't allow it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 03:08:54 am by Hells High » Logged
Pac
Director

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 03:47:41 am »

Added it in for ya Wink Its a direct link to the ftp though as AA.info didn't do a page just for that one
Arthur
Registered

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 11:30:07 am »

Has there been any negotiations to get I44 to Steamworks?
I have few friends that wont install I44 cos of all the patch hassle. Yes some ppl are just lazy stubborn.
Pac
Director

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 06:14:34 pm »

As few/none of the team members use the Steam version of the game it hasn't been discussed as a distribution method. The act of setting up multiple download sources is time consuming as it is, all of them need to be kept on the same version, and most importantly someone has to upload the files, doing it myself last time took the best part of 3 days to cover all sites and updates. Its something we'll look into but again not high on our priority list when we're still working on the mod everyday.
Arthur
Registered

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 11:20:02 am »

At least contact Desura:
http://www.desura.com/
That should be free, easy and fast method for distributing mods.
theweeirish
Registered

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 01:06:27 pm »

Hey, I installed the game and when I was starting it from the short cut I was getting a message that said, "Bad serial given at setup"

I more then likely messed something up along the way.. but any insight on this would be fantastic  Afro

Nevermind, had to run the game first... Tongue
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 01:37:26 pm by theweeirish » Logged
R_Engelke
Registered

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 12:58:46 am »

I get a reply when i try to make the shortcut and add the content to the target field. The error message says something like the name in the target boks is not valid. Don't know the right error message in english as i get it in danish.

What am i doing wrong?
R_Engelke
Registered

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 09:19:57 am »

I figured out what i did wrong. There should be a space between the copy pasted text in the target box  Wink
Chaplain117
Registered

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 05:33:47 pm »

It doesn't work for me after following this the shortcut is where i am stuck at, or does it not shortcut intill you haveall the patches?

Please make the next one an istaller so idiots like me dont have this problem Cry
SFG
Leader/Tech Guy

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 06:33:13 pm »

Our release does use an installer.  Huh

Music
Chaplain117
Registered

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 03:09:28 am »

I'm sorry i didn't realise i didn't realise my grammar was so atrocious till i read it now,

When I make the shortcut it won't work, it says that there is no such location.

And yes you do use an installer but i mean one for the entire program, that includes the patches so idiots like me don't come across problems. Please get it for steam or Desura.
Pac
Director

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 08:25:50 pm »

Not sure if it'll help but Step 4, Part 5, when you're editing the target field, you don't need to load the beta folder (unless you are using a beta version of ArmA2) so its would just be:

-mod=@I44

While we would have liked to make an updated installer producing and distributing one takes a long time, the upload alone around 11 hours which has to be monitored to ensure no failed uploads, and thats not including things like testing and documentation that would have been required to do an updated installer.

Automated shortcuts are also pretty hard to do due to the many varieties of installs people have, and you'd be surprised about the amount of people who don't even want an installer version at all.

For 2.5 we'll do our best to minimise the fuss needed to install, but we can only do so much!

Fawlty
Registered

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 05:11:30 am »

Guy's I have a store bought version of Arma 2 on drive c and the steam version of operation arrowhead located in the steam folder. Which of the two locations do you suggest I install this great looking mod.

Cheers
Fawlty
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 05:15:13 am by Fawlty » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: